This page/article is currently a stub. You can help out the Free! Wiki by adding new information or images, correcting spelling, or doing other helpful things to improve the article.
— Mikhail Makarovich Nitori
|Mikhail Makarovich Nitori|
|Also known as||Muscle Freak (by Ryuji)|
Professional Swimmer (former)
Unnamed Japanese high school (former)
|Clubs||Australian Swimming Club|
|Swim Style||Freestyle (former)|
|Relatives||Aiichiro Nitori (nephew)|
Mikhail Makarovich Nitori (Russian: Михаил Макарович Нитори; Japanese: ミハイル・マカロービィチ・ニトリ Mihairu・Makaroobichi・Nitori) is a supporting character in the third season of the Free! anime, Free!-Dive to the Future-. He is a former competitive swimmer from Russia, but now coaches up-and-coming swimmers in whom he finds potential greatness. He currently coaches Rin Matsuoka in Australia.
Mikhail is a relatively tall man with short, light blonde hair that curls slightly, and green eyes. He also has a blond goatee and a slight mustache.
Mikhail is a friendly and talkative individual, but is stubborn once he sets his mind to something, as shown when Natsuya Kirishima repeatedly asks for him to be his coach and Mikhail repeatedly refuses. Similar to Gou Matsuoka, he is a huge fan of muscles and chooses who he's going to train based on whether he thinks a person has 'good' or 'bad' muscles.
Mikhail used to be the star of the Russian swimming world. He and Ryuji Azuma were top rivals when they were younger and still maintain a friendly rivalry as swimming coaches.
- Main article: Mikhail Makarovich Nitori/Story
- Main article: Mikhail Makarovich Nitori/Relationships
- One of his hobbies is collecting muscle magazines, like Gou Matsuoka. He loves the fact that Japan has so many rare books about muscles.
- He has a habit of using outdated Japanese slang, indicating it's been a long time since he's last been there.
- His contact name in Ryuji's phone is "Muscle Idiot" (筋肉バカ Kinniku Baka).