|Also known as||Muscle Freak (by Ryuuji)|
|Occupation|| Swim Coach|
Professional Swimmer (formerly)
|Affiliation||Australian Swim Club|
|Swim Style||Freestyle (formerly)|
|Relatives||Aiichiro Nitori (nephew)|
Mikhail Makarovich (ミハイル Mihairu) is a supporting character in the third season of the Free! anime, Free!-Dive to the Future-. He was formerly a well-known Russian swimmer but now coaches new swimmers, currently he is Rin's new coach in Australia.
Mikhail is a relatively tall man with short, light blonde hair that curls slightly, and green eyes. He also has a blonde goatee and a very slight mustache.
Mikhail has so far shown himself to be a friendly and talkative individual, but is stubborn once he has set his mind to something, as shown when Natsuya Kirishima repeatedly asked for him to coach him. Similar to Gou Matsuoka, he is a huge fan of muscles and chooses who he's going to train based on whether he thinks a person has 'good' or 'bad' muscles.
Mikhail used to be the star of the Russian swimming world, and used to swim competitively against Ryuuji.
- Main article: Mikhail Makarovich/Plot
- Main article: Mikhail Makarovich/Relationships
- One of his hobbies is collecting muscle books, like Gou Matsuoka, and loves the fact Japan has so many rare books about muscles.
- He has a habit of using outdated Japanese slang, indicating it's probably been a long time since he last went to Japan.
- He is Aiichiro Nitori's uncle.
- Ryuuji and he used to swim competitively against each other.